mothers2mothers recruitment in South Africa Dec 2018
mothers2mothers (m2m) is an Africa-based NGO that unlocks the potential of women to eliminate paediatric AIDS and create healthy families across eight sub-Saharan countries. m2m trains, employs, and helps empower HIV-positive women to work as community healthcare workers in understaffed health centres and underserved communities. Through a peer-to-peer approach, these ‘Mentor Mothers’ deliver a range of health services, advice, and support to women and their families. Started in Cape Town, South Africa in 2001 with an initial focus on preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV, m2m has innovated and built on its strengths and now provides family-centred support for a range of related health and social issues spanning pregnancy, birth, childhood, and adolescence. It also partners with governments and other NGOs on the adoption of its programme to spread the Mentor Mother Model and its benefits. m2m has a track record of scaling its services and proven impact. In 2017, m2m and its partners enrolled 2.3 million new clients. m2m has virtually eliminated mother-to-child transmission of HIV among the enrolled clients it serves directly for the last four years, with an average transmission rate of just 1.6%, while 97% of children in its ECD programmes meet all of their development milestones at 12 months. For more, visit www.m2m.org.
Job Title: Chief of Party, RISE II
Job Location: Cape Town
The Chief of Party has overall responsibility for administration, program management, performance monitoring, technical implementation and oversight of all aspects of the RISE II (Reducing Infections through Support and Education) project. In addition, the Chief of Party will be responsible for leading business development efforts to secure additional country buy-ins to the project, including identifying target countries, developing programmatic approach with the technical team, and conducting mission visits to promote buy-ins. The COP will serve as the primary liaison and relationship holder with the USAID/RHAP Agreement Officer’s Representative.
The Chief of Party provides strategic leadership for the project, with overall operational, financial and management responsibility for RISE II. The COP will deliver agreed outputs and outcomes on time and on budget. The position will also be responsible for ensuring the project adheres and complies with all donor requirements and regulations.
Reducing Infections through Support and Education (RISE II) is a five-year, $44.5 million funding mechanism designed to improve health outcomes of women and their families and bolster the capacity of health systems in Southern and Eastern Africa. Through RISE II, country missions can “buy in” and tailor- make a package of services to be delivered by m2m. m2m’s sustainable solution involves training and employing a cadre of peer mentors as frontline healthcare workers in both understaffed health centres and in communities. The health advice and emotional support they provide to women and family members (including orphans and vulnerable children) spans: preventing mother-to-child- transmission of HIV (PMTCT); reproductive, maternal, newborn, child health (RMNCH); early childhood development (ECD); adolescent health; nutrition; non-communicable diseases; and water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH). m2m also provides technical assistance to governments and other NGOs to scale up the peer mentor approach within national and provincial health systems, and increase capacity of countries to develop effective policies and systems
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of a Master’s degree and Bachelor’s degree in a public health, health administration, social work, or relevant field
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant professional experience, with progressively increasing responsibility designing, implementing, managing and leading large development involving multiple partners, stakeholders, and geographic target areas in developing countries. At least five years in a management position
- A minimum of five years prior experience as a Chief of Party or similar leadership role of a large program or activity funded by PEPFAR
- Demonstrated ability through previous experience leading a technical activity through evidence and data driven decision making
- Demonstrated ability to manage a complex program in an integrated HIV/AIDS service delivery setting, coordinating with multiple stakeholders, international donors and local and international NGO partners
- Technical experience in at least one or more technical areas of RISE II
- Strong strategic, analytical, negotiation and advocacy skills
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with USAID missions, senior government officials, executive staff at partner organisations
- Excellent experience with managing project cycles including conceptualisation and implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Demonstrated experience in planning, budgeting, and budget monitoring, and ensuring good stewardship of human, financial, and material resources
- Demonstrated ability and past experience working with diverse implementation methodologies
- Excellent working knowledge of and experience in using MS Office suite
- Demonstrated experience developing project workplans and writing quality donor reports
- Experience in creating and maintaining a high performing team
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to effectively engage participants of different cultures and backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to design and lead execution of efficient project operations
- Passion for m2m’s Vision and Mission
- Dynamic, innovative, results and action oriented leader
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills with experience managing human resources
- Well-developed interpersonal management and communication skills
- Proven track record in managing key donor relationships and serving as key contact with external strategic partners
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities, delegate, and problem-solve
- High ability to work independently with sound decision making
- Exceptional communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to take initiative and work independently to meet deliverables
- Fluent in English
mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people.
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies.
For a more detail advert and to apply, please visit the website viahttps://www.m2m.org/careers/ by 07 December 2018