Institute for Justice and Reconciliation Job opening Dec 2018
The Institute for Justice and Reconciliation (IJR) was launched in the year 2000, in the wake of South Africa´s Truth and Reconciliation Commission. The aim was to ensure that lessons learnt from South Africa´s transition from apartheid to democracy were taken into account as the nation moved ahead.
Job Title: Administrator
Job Location: Cape Town
The IJR is looking to hire an Administrator who will provide effective and efficient administrative support to heads of departments and project leaders of assigned projects.
• Document project planning.
• File project-related documentation.
• Inform team-members of administrative requirements (e.g. bookkeeping).
• Assist with project M&E documentation.
• Keep track of and document project expenditure.
• Process payments on time.
• Stay informed of project developments and outcomes.
Travel and Logistics
• Pro-actively handle travel arrangements for project teams, other IJR staff and external delegations.
• Pro-actively handle any interventions logistics (costing, invitations, RSVPs, reservations, hiring).
• Update database of participants at the variety of interventions.
• Negotiate rates with service providers.
• Effectively communicate with participants and IJR partners.
General Administrative Assistance
• Assist at IJR staff functions and events, as required.
• Take over relief reception duties, as required.
• Know and use IJR platforms and tools (e.g. O-drive, Sharepoint, Groove)
• Matric or recognised equivalent
• 3 – 5 years’ experience providing administrative support.
• User-knowledge of office software packages.
• Secretarial skill and experience.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Ability to use initiative and judgement.
• Organisational skills
• Communication skills (verbal and written).
Application Closing date is Friday the 07th December 2018.
Should you meet the requirement, kindly forward your application to Felicia Thomas: FThomas@ijr.org.za