Living Hope recruitment for Social Worker in Western Cape Dec 2018
LIVING HOPE is a Christian Non-profit organization that strives to bring hope and break despair.
Job Title: Social Worker
Job Location: Western Cape
Living Hope is looking for a Social Worker for our 22 bed Intermediate Health Care Centre based in Capri, Southern Peninsula – Western Cape.
• Ensure that each patient admitted to the HCC has a complete psychosocial assessment
• Assist patient and families needing psychosocial support
• Provide therapeutic counselling appropriately
• Debriefing all children that are affected or ensure appropriate referral
• Mentoring and debriefing for staff in the HCC and the community when necessary
• Assisting with application for childcare, disability and social pensions
• Writing process notes on any intervention that has been undertaken
• Conduct home visits when necessary
• Work with welfare and health agencies
• Compilation of statistics and report writing.
• A suitable qualification and registration with the SACSSP
• Be able to work independently
• Good Knowledge of Social work ethics
• Good knowledge of children’s act as well as the Health care act.
• Able to develop systems within the community
• Involvement in pastoral care or Ministry
• Palliative care experience preferred
• 2 years + experience in working with adults in a Health Care environment
• Ability to speak/read/write in English and one other language – Xhosa or Afrikaans
• Valid Drivers License
Candidates should reside within the Southern Peninsula area
If you are interested please submit your 2 PAGE CV and application letter detailing why you think you would be the most suitable candidate to email@example.com.
Kindly ensure that you provide your current contact details as short-listed candidates will be contacted to attend an interview. If you do not hear from us within two weeks you must assume that you were not successful.
Application Deadline: 14th December, 2018