Hospice Palliative Care Association of South Africa (HPCA) Accountant Job recruitment South Africa Dec 2018
Hospice Palliative Care Association of South Africa (HPCA) is a national organisation operating in all nine provinces in South Africa with 134 members and affiliated hospices countrywide
The primary purpose of this position is to maintain high-quality accounts, meeting business and statutory requirements; and requires financial reporting for financial decision making.
Job Title: Accountant
Job Location: Cape Town
- Oversee the finance function;
- Provide monthly management reports;
- Provide budget and funder Reports;
- Ensure HPCA Compliance with statutory compliance;
- Produce Budget and Cash Projections;
- Payroll Review and release;
- Provide oversight for preparation for Audit.
- B. Com degree or equivalent
- 5-10 years finance department experience
- 5 Years’ experience in Auditing
- 5 Years’ experience in Cost Accounting
- Understanding of company policies, USAID rules, and VAT legislation
- Advanced level in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Technical/Professional Knowledge, Skills and Expertise
- Communication Skills
- Customer Centric Focus
- Leveraging resources
- Building and leading a high-performance team
- Conflict Handling
- Decision making
Please submit a detailed CV, covering letter and names of three contactable references including email contact to email@example.com. Closing date for applications is Wednesday, 5th December 2018.
Preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from the designated groups in line with the provisions of the Employment Equity Act, No. 55 of 1998 (and any amendments thereto), the relevant internal recruitment policy as well as the organisation’s employment equity plan.