SANCCOB Table View Centre New Education Supervisor Job in South Africa Dec 2018
SANCCOB Table View centre in Cape Town seeks an Education Supervisor to manage the organisation’s education department, which includes overseeing pop-up shops, educational exhibitions, engaging public tours and to maintain development of the volunteer programme.
Job Title: Education Supervisor
Job Location: Cape Town
- Offer quality educational programmes for both children and adults.
- Develop and conduct interactive public tours of the SANCCOB facility. Train education staff and volunteers to assist with tours.
- Develop new programmes, learning material and activities that are in line with SANCCOB’s mission.
- Grow educational income by identifying new funding opportunities and assisting the Resource Development Manager to write applications.
- Network with personnel in the field of environmental education at other environmental education institutions.
- Provide leadership to the education team, guiding them towards methods of best teaching practice and professional conduct.
- Assist with the preparation of the education department’s annual budget and manage it effectively.
- Manage inventories of all the education department equipment and ensure that systems are in place to take care of all the equipment.
- Produce monthly reports and statistics.
- Coordinate all logistical arrangements for the programmes according to programme specifications (bus, lunch, etc.).
- Prepare programme budgets, demographic information and assist with donor report-backs.
Curio Shop and online shop
- Grow the shop income both on-site and on-line by sourcing cost-effective and desirable merchandise.
- Manage stock control.
- Manage the point of sale system (Vend).
- Provide pop-up shops at schools, markets and festivals.
Simon’s Town Penguin Festival
- Work with SANCCOB staff and external partners to coordinate the annual Simon’s Town Penguin Festival.
Oversee the running of the SANCCOB volunteer programme including the following:
- Ensure sufficient volunteers are available and utilised effectively to support SANCCOB’s capacity requirements.
- Ensure volunteers are managed effectively and enjoy their volunteering time at SANCCOB.
- Ensure the development and growth of the volunteer programme.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Volunteer Coordinator.
The successful candidate will be required to complete the necessary bird training for ambassador bird handling.
- Strong people management and development skills with the ability to motivate and lead employees.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (ability to do so in more than one language would be advantageous).
- Strong programme development skills.
- Planning capabilities and the ability to work against strict deadlines.
- Passion for wildlife conservation and preservation.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Able to work on weekends.
- Minimum 5 years’ working experience.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite).
- Valid Code 8 driver’s license.
Applications from South African residents are invited
Please send your CV (max. 3 pages) with contactable referees and a letter of motivation for attention of the Business Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Management will not accept telephonic applications and will only correspond with applicants chosen for interviews.
Application Deadline: 18th December, 2018