Cornerstone Institute Recruitment for Fundraiser in Cape Town Dec 2018
Cornerstone Institute is an independent, not-for-profit higher education institution engaged in teaching and learning in service of others, to advance human dignity and social justice for all.
Job Title: Fundraiser
Job Location: Cape Town
Start date: January 2019
The purpose of the Fundraiser is to develop value driven partnerships with internal and external role-players in advancing organisational sustainability. The Fundraiser will be responsible for creating and coordinating strong connections to local, national and international funders, policymakers, and media, as well as creating and administrating the systems to manage those relationships and connections.
- Fundraising department leadership
- Fundraising strategy & management
- Project Management
- Business Development
- Media, social media and internet presence
- Branding & Marketing
- Institutional Support
- Project Reporting
- Fundraising & Partnership M&E
- Other General responsibilities that may be assigned by the CEO
- Tertiary degree, preferably at a master’s degree level, and /or equivalent working experience in a business development field (e.g. Business Administration, Industrial Management, Finance and Economics)
- Proven track-record of securing funding from international development agencies, government and corporations is essential
- Leadership abilities and strong communication skills (Verbal and Written)
- Long-term and process-oriented thinking
- Creativity to identify strategic and fundraising opportunities
- Critical thinking to identify strategic and fundraising risks
- Team player able to engage the entire Cornerstone Institute community e.g. colleagues, students, alumni, board members and stakeholders
- Unique blend of “big picture” planning and day-to-day management skills
To apply, submit your CV along with a covering letter to email@example.com
In your covering letter please outline your suitability for the post, notice period and salary requirements.
Only applicants in South Africa, Cape Town will be considered.
Cornerstone hopes to get back to all applications, however If you have not heard from us within six weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Application Deadline: 20th December, 2018