Bryte Insurance Company Limited recruitment in South Africa Jan 2019
Responsible for the management of the claims function within designated areas, cross border functions. Implement and drive Bryte strategy by utilising allocating appropriate resources to achieve the agreed objectives which include delivery of an exceptional customer service, financial impact and culture in a manner which support Bryte guiding principle.
Job Title: Head of Claims: Procurement & Assessing
Job Functions: Executive Management, Investigation & Compliance, Management, Operations, Procurement
Reference #: HPAC
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Market Related
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
- Defines in conjunction with BD CCOs and regional claims management the claims strategy.
- Responsible for implementation of the strategy and managing the areas/cross border functional resources and their performance to achieve agreed objectives and sustaining a high performance culture.
- Implements and maintains the talent management strategy.
- Sets and monitors areas/cross border performance against objectives and balanced score card.
- Keeps the areas/cross border functions informed of all relevant and appropriate information and fosters good engagement with staff and other functions
- A senior stakeholder in the planning process, including the identification of risks, involvement in leading change initiatives and responsibility for budgetary control.
- Areas/Cross border function operates within optimum KPI, and works effectively with HR in connection with consistency in pay and reward
- A senior stakeholder in building and measuring success against customer specific claims handling protocol and/or customer proposition service charter to ensure that we understand & fulfil the needs and expectations of our customers
- Drive claims operational excellence on all claims process and reporting
- Any additional tasks as assigned
To work towards and deliver both personal and claims business objectives, in line with the Bryte Claims Scorecard:
- Personal Professional/technical competency and development
- Compliance with customer protocols/service charter e.g (TCF & POPI)
- Matric and NQF level 7, Preferably BCom, Risk, Legal. Etc
- 10+ years specific claims leadership experience of managing large numbers of staff across locations/site and/or functional areas within a large and complex financial services or customer driven organisation
- Previous location/ site or function managerial experience
- Advanced knowledge of products and services
- Strong understanding of legislation and legal liability
- Detailed understanding of industry standards and protocol
- Excellent knowledge of budgetary processes
- Experience of leading project and organisational change management
- Expert at communicating and building rapport at all levels
- Understanding of claims operational capabilities, strategies and ongoing innovations
- Recognising the benefit of providing excellent customer service
- Ability to effectively prioritise and organise workload
- Detailed awareness of interdependencies with other Bryte functions (underwriting, finance, reinsurance, marketing and legal)
- Detailed awareness of market/industry issues
Job Closing Date: 07/01/2019