ZANENZA – Events Manager Job Vacancy in Johannesburg, North Riding Jan 2019
|Location:||Johannesburg, North Riding|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
We have a fantastic opportunity for a bright, energetic and highly organised candidate with appropriate experience to join our team as an events manager on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the managing director, the successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating all events and conferences, as well as providing oversight for the furniture and décor hire division whilst providing an excellent level of administration for the unit.
Scope of role:
- Conceptualise event themes and oversee execution thereof
- Compile presentations and pitches
- Coordinating orders, delivery and collection
- Coordinating all relevant suppliers
- Compiling budgets for orders and events
- General management and oversight of décor stock and warehouse
- Providing on-site logistical event management
- Conducting payment follow ups
- Liaising with communications team on campaigns and promotions
If you are passionate about event management and are looking to be part of a dynamic team, we want to hear from you.
Please note this is an employment equity position, therefore, suitably qualified EE candidates will receive preference.
- A related degree/diploma will is required
- At least five years’ prior hands-on event coordination experience is essential
- Must have event project management, planning, and budget management skills
- Must be passionate about the brand
- Ability to sell the brand to potential clients
- Must be a highly organised individual with great attention to detail, and have the ability to multitask and juggle numerous projects simultaneously
- Must have a good track record of working under pressure and meeting deadlines
- An excellent level of confidence with great negotiation and communication skills
- The ability to interact with clients and stakeholders in a professional capacity
- Must be a creative and out-of-the-box thinker
- Must be a positive team player who takes initiative, is eager and self-motivated
- A valid driver’s license and own transport is essential
- Flexibility in terms of being available for the build-up and breakdown of events
- Flexibility to travel locally
- Proficient in MS Word and MS Excel