UKZN STUDENT YMCA Recruitment in KwaZulu-Natal January 2019
The University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN) Student YMCA an associate member of the South African National Council of YMCAs, and affiliate of the Africa and World Alliance of YMCAs – has a 40-year history, presence and contribution to the life of UKZN – primarily on the Howard College campus. The organisation is currently undergoing critical changes and seeks a dynamic, strategic, innovative, experienced leader for the position of General Secretary, to assume duties on 01 March 2019.
Job Title: General Secretary
Job location: KwaZulu-Natal
The person will lead a team of students, staff and professionals serving on the Board of Management and will report to the Board.
- A proven track record in working with stakeholders from diverse backgrounds (University, YMCA, churches, donors, alumni, business and government)
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to youth work and leadership development of young people through a strategic lens
- Theologically, contextually and ecumenically rooted in a way that gives full expression to the Christian vision, mission and models of work of the YMCA, including working with Church leaders and in a multi-faith context
- Capability to grow, develop and extend the work of the Student YMCA within and beyond UKZN
- Proven record in marketing and resource mobilization
- Experience or vision for youth-driven social enterprises
- Skills in financial management, general administration and governance
- Ability to interpret organisational progress according to the strategic plan and accurately report such information and knowledge to the Board
- Proven record in fundraising, grant proposal writing and report writing
- Ability to manage staff, students, academics and organisational assets
- A tertiary qualification.
The position is for an initial one (1) year contract, reviewable by both parties. The intention will be to extend this to a three (3) year contract, again reviewable.
How to apply :
Interested applicants should submit a full CV, three references and a one-page motivation to support their submission to the SA YMCA for the attention of Ms Petro Bantjes: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close on Friday 18 January 2019.