Bulungula Incubator Recruitment in Eastern Cape Jan 2019
Current open jobs : Bulungula Incubator employment vacancy
Job opening : Head of Content and Learning career vacancy
Bulungula Incubator seeks to appoint a manager to head up the content and learning aspects of our Online Learning programme (iiTablet Tshomiz). Title: Head of Content and Learning.
We are looking for a young dynamic individual, passionate about young learners and working with post-school youth. This person will need to lead a team of facilitators, develop and run supplementary school programmes and provide teaching and learning support across our 4 primary schools that we work in. The iiTablet Tshomiz programme is primarily a tablet internet based programme for differentiated learning for each child. The programme is run at our schools with the help of a group of facilitators. The programme includes both numeracy and literacy and has a strong emphasis on the Foundation Phase. It is a relatively new project that requires someone with the requisite energy and initiative to help ensure its success.
Job Title: Head of Content and Learning
Job Location: Eastern Cape
This person will be requried to work closely with the iiTablet Tshomiz Project Manager.
- Activate and coordinate training cycle phases according to scheduled training logs with facilitators
- Lead and coordinate pre-training/mentorship sessions with new facilitators, including necessary training material and logistics as guided by the iiTablet Tshomiz Project Manager
- Assist and contribute to curriculum design, development and orientation processes as guided by the iiTablet Tshomiz Project Manager
- Assist and contribute to supplementary programme design, development and orientation processes as guided by the iiTablet Tshomiz Project Manager (for example, initiate reading/ maths clubs)
- Conduct preliminary analysis of training/mentorship evaluations/reflections/feedback and share key recommendations with iiTablet Tshomiz Project Manager for further consideration and action.
- Monitor and track training programme activities, to handle any issues arising, including escalating these to the training manager
- Facilitate reflective platform discussions with the Facilitator Team
- Lead and respond to any requests from the Facilitator Team
- Keep the Facilitator Team motivated and energised
- Ensure record keeping as prescribed by the iiTablet Tshomiz Project Manager
- Related tertiary qualification a necessity, particularly in the fields of education, project management, and/or social development (foundation phase teacher qualification will be preferred)
- Fluency in both English and Xhosa will be strongly preferred
- Proven work experience as team leader, training facilitator and working with children
- Track record in coordinating diverse training teams (particularly working with post-school youth)
- Have valid driver’s license
- Multi-tasking and Time-management skills
- Great people skills, enjoy working with people
- Teaching skills
- Facilitation, presentation, coaching and mentorship skills
- Communication and Leadership skills
Salary is negotiable within the Bulungula Incubator budgetary constraints. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
All queries to be directed via email, no phone call queries will be responded to.
Deadline for applications: 31st January 2019