Greenpop Job Available in South Africa January 2019
Current open jobs : Greenpop employment vacancy
Recruitment opportunity : Corporate Partnerships Manager Job vacancy
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic person with skills in corporate sales, relationship management, fundraising, donor communications to join the Greenpop team. Our reforestation, urban greening and eco-education projects are largely funded through corporate partnerships, monthly tree pledges by companies, individuals and once off funding. The Corporate Partnerships Manager will manage our current corporate partners and attract more of these as well as develop new corporate partnership strategies.
Job Title: Corporate Partnerships Manager
Location: Cape Town
Our ideal candidate is able to promote environmental programmes authentically. She/he has a background in a field dealing with corporate sales or fundraising, business development or communications/marketing. She/he has a good understanding of the corporate environment in South Africa, how they spend their CSI budgets and how ED and BEE funding works – or is willing and capable to learn this. He/she will be a driven, creative and highly organised individual.
The person needs to have strong management skills and the ability to juggle different projects, good attention to detail, ease with administration work, a strong level of flexibility, excellent pitching, writing and presentation skills as this is a client/stakeholder facing role and requires a social person who is keen on networking, but is also good at admin.
- Creating and implementing creative corporate funding strategies
- Setting corporate fundraising targets and actively driving these through the right channels
- Networking with and giving presentations at relevant institutions and companies on Greenpop’s projects
- Managing stakeholder relations with corporate partners and donors and creating strategies to ensure we are giving good return on investment to all our partners.
- Writing proposals for potential corporate funders
- Reporting monthly on targets, achievements and strategies
- At least 2 years of work experience in related roles
- Proven strong track record in sales, fundraising, marketing or business development Interest in or knowledge of the environmental and sustainable development space
- Goal oriented
- Not afraid to pick up the phone and go out and meet people – this is NB, email is not always
- a good communication method.
- Excellent initiative and an ability to create and activate projects without too much direction
- Ability to drive and motivate others
- Well-developed writing (particularly proposal writing) and communication skills
- Strong presentation and networking skills
- Excellent organizational skills including a good knowledge of excel
- A creative mind and flexible attitude
- Valid South African ID or valid work permit if not South African
- Based in (or willing to move to) Cape Town Able to travel and work outside normal working hours when necessary
- Valid drivers licence and own transport
- Knowledge of Google Drive
- Excel wizardry
Start date: As soon as possible, ideally no later than 15 February 2019 but we can be flexible
Remuneration: Negotiable depending on experience – range is between R14 000 and R19 000 to start. Please note that Greenpop is a small/medium social enterprise.
The salary will not be able to compete with similar roles in more established organisations (but the excitement certainly will and then some). However, we believe we have room for growth and are looking for someone who is keen to grow with us in the long term.
How to apply: Please complete this form (click here – https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc1LiF-P0_KsqWRGbwZEjLYtCqqg_AQGil_dOeZZJi–_61Wg/viewform
Application Deadline: by 23:59, 17th January 2019