Feenix recruitment for Fundraiser in Cape Town, Western Cape 2019
Recruitment opportunity : Feenix Job vacancy Fundraiser
Job opening South Africa : Fundraiser career vacancy
Feenix is a team of young innovators who believe that access to education is one of the most important issues affecting South Africa today. We use online fundraising to connect students and communities in order to fundraise towards debt-free education. Our team is small, diverse and ever evolving. You need to be comfortable with change and have a roll up your sleeves attitude.
Job Title: Fundraiser
Job type: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Cape Town, Western Cape
Salary bracket: 150 000k – 180 000k
Feenix is looking to expand our young, diverse and dynamic team. The purpose of this position is to raise funds for the Feenix platform and Feenix students through driving our individual funder programme. This role will operate within the Feenix fundraising team under the guidance of the Fundraising Manager.
- Grow current individual fundraising portfolio
- Daily, active telephonic fundraising
- In partnership with the Fundraising Manager develop, coordinate and execute cultivation strategies as appropriate for the solicitation and continued stewardship of individual funders
- Research and identify potential funders and funding opportunities
- Screen potential relationships by alignment to short- and long-term organizational goals
- Coordinate and advance individual giving program efforts including new donor acquisitions and renewal efforts
- Cultivate new and existing relationships and promote opportunities for involvement with new funders in all funder-generating activities of Feenix
- Responds to donor inquiries in a timely and professional manner while always keeping a mind to moving them into the development pipeline.
- Ensure individual funder engagement service satisfaction and good funder relationships exist
- Supporting the Fundraising Manager with administrative support and data capturing
- Manage information and record the profile and fundraising activity of donors on our database
- Provide accurate reporting line with management requirements.
- Suggest and support alternative/innovative funding mechanisms and tools to increase funding for Feenix students.
- 3-5 years working experience
- Proven track record in fundraising and/or sales
- Must speak and write both Afrikaans and English proficiently
- Excellent proposal and reporting skills
- Excellent administration and organization skills
- Get’s excited by storytelling
- Experience in the innovation and tech space an advantage
- Aligning without mission and vision a must
To apply for this position, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 28th Jan, 2019