Sustainability Institute Job Opening in South Africa Jan 2019
Current open jobs : Sustainability Institute employment vacancy
Recruitment opportunity : Finance Officer Job vacancy
The Sustainability Institute and Indaba Institute, partner institutions based in Stellenbosch, are looking for a full-time Finance Officer to lead their respective finance teams functioning in the education environment.
The Sustainability Institute (SI) and Indaba Institute (II), partner institutions based in Lynedoch Ecovillage, Stellenbosch, are looking to appoint a full-time Finance Officer to lead their respective finance teams functioning in the education environment.
Job Title: Finance Officer
Job Location: Stellenbosch
The SI is a non-profit, public benefit organisation striving to improve the lives of marginalised children and youth in the surrounding areas; transform education from the level of ECD all the way through to postgraduate level; engage in research, teaching and enabling of a more socially just, sustainable generative way for humanity to interact with the natural world.
The II offers Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) teacher training to students wishing to work with children from birth to 18 years of age and are the only training centre offering AMI-accredited training in Southern Africa. The II also works with schools in the Winelands area that are wishing to implement strong Montessori practice, through mentorship and coaching to teachers and staff.
- Overseeing of finance department, including accounting and payroll functions
- Overseeing of month ends and preparation of monthly reports
- Compilation of annual program and ad hoc projects budgets
- Cash flow management
- Assist with funding proposals
- Assisting program and project coordinators to operate within budgets
- Quarterly and bi-annual subsidy reporting to the Western Cape Education Department (WCED)
- Overseeing of cloud-based Humble Point of Sale system
- Overseeing of hospitality and funder invoicing
- Verification and authorisation of weekly payments
- Attending board meetings and reporting to the board
- Management of statutory audits
- At least a Bachelor of Commerce or Accounting degree with at least years financial management experience
- Strong Excel skills as well as a good working knowledge of Pastel Partner
- Sound IT skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Good interpersonal skills that contribute to a people-centred working environment
The ideal individual will also have a deep passion for people and the desire to be part of an organisation that has, as part of its vision, the goal of real impact to an enabling and fully integrated South Africa. More than overseeing the financial function, both organisations would want the successful applicant to be part of the core team that is shaping plans and steering those through the execution stages.
Kindly forward your CV (max 3 pages) and a cover motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted people will be contacted.
Closing date for applications is 25 January 2019.