The International Labour Research and Information Group (ILRIG) Job in South Africa Jan 2019
The International Labour Research and Information Group (ILRIG) is an independent NGO based in Cape Town and in Johannesburg. ILRIG provides popular educational resources and information for workers’ organisations, workers’ struggles and social movements in South Africa based on research on political economy, community struggles, feminism and international politics. ILRIG seeks to generate alternative perspectives to that of neo-liberal capitalism Requirements:
Job Title: Researcher-Educator
Job Location: Cape Town
Applications are invited from individuals,
- who are committed to social justice,
- capable of undertaking quality research and conducting popular education workshops,
- can work collaboratively and contribute to critical thought.
- Applicants should have experience in working with women workers and community members,
- as well as more general knowledge of developments and struggles within the labour movement,
- and communities in South Africa, and elsewhere.
The successful applicant will be responsible for working closely with women and associated struggles, which will include facilitating women’s only sessions.Women of colour are specifically encouraged to apply.
The position could be Cape Town or Johannesburg based.
The remuneration is an annual salary of R 262 212 before tax. Over and above this, staff are provided with medical aid and a provident fund.
Telephone 021 4476375 and send application letters, letters of motivation, CVs and 3 contactable work-related references to Phumeza@ilrig.org.za or Fax (021 448 2282
For more about the International Labour Research and Information Group, refer to www.ilrigsa.org.za
If you have not been contacted within 2 months after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful
Application Deadline: 31st Jan, 2019