Centre for Communication Impact (CCI) recruitment in January 2019
Centre for Communication Impact (CCI) is a non-profit South African organisation based in Pretoria. We aim to be a centre of excellence in Strategic health and development Communication programmes that are centred around meaningful Community Engagement.
Job Title: Special Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer
Job Location: Pretoria
Purpose of job
CCI is seeking a top-performing, highly motivated Special Assistant to the CEO to perform a range of administrative and representational duties as well as engage in special projects to maximize the CEO’s time and effectiveness. A unique opportunity to work closely with a dynamic Strategist, the Special Assistant will attend meetings with and on behalf of the CEO as well as be involved in all aspects of the operations of CCI. This role will require close coordination with the entire executive leadership of CCI and team members across Programme and Support Departments in a high-growth environment. The Special Assistant to the CEO will also play a role in marketing and communications, event planning, support to the Board of Directors and cross-organizational initiatives with peer non-profits in the HIV/AIDS, health, development and strategic communication space.
This role requires outstanding professionalism and discretion, organization and attention to detail, energy and initiative, the ability to deftly multi-task and a willingness to work on a wide variety of projects and tasks. We are keen on your ability to handle a wide range of time-sensitive administrative responsibilities while positively representing CCI and the CEO’s office internally and externally. In return, the Special Assistant will have access to the CEO’s network of people across international, non-profit and public sectors, exposure to the full array of functions in the organization and the privilege of working every day for the incredible communities we serve. This is a career-track job for an outstanding person that is willing to use the opportunity to shadow the CEO on a learning journey.
Administrative support for the CEO
- Provide support in preparation for internal and external meetings, attend meetings and conduct follow-up on the CEO’s behalf
- Supports the CEO with Board meetings, including taking high level minutes during Board meetings
- Supports the CEO with internal executive meetings, including taking high level minutes during such meetings
- Draft and disseminate correspondence including letters, memos and emails
- Prepare briefing notes for meetings, conferences, press appearances, etc.
- Manage calendar, including scheduling and logistics for internal and external meetings
- Coordinate and oversee local and international travel arrangements
- Support the development of a variety of external communications on behalf of the CEO including letters, mailings and proposals
- Serve as a liaison between CEO and a variety of external constituent groups
- Support the CEO and the organization in relevant field-wide advocacy initiatives
- Support the CEO/organization’s active PR campaigns, coordinating as needed with external PR agency where necessary, manage organizational social media and monitor the media on issues relevant to CCI as an organization
- Supports the CEO with business development, including managing a work schedule for proposal development in the organization.
- Lead or participate in a variety of CEO’s special projects as needed
- Play an active role in organization-wide initiatives across functions
The successful candidate will possess the following assets and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with a minimum of 10 years of working experience in a fast-paced, high-standards environment (A Master’s degree and 5 years working experience in a similar environment will be considered)
- Commitment to the CCI’s mission and development agenda
- Superior organizational skills and detail orientation
- Strong customer-service orientation
- Ability to compose and edit written materials (proposals, reports, presentations, high-level minutes etc.)
- Experience working with bilateral and multilateral institutions (UN, World Bank, USG etc. will be an added advantage)
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and drive toward deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Maturity, professionalism and poise and excellent judgment
- Comfort in a team-oriented environment based on open, transparent and continual communication, information sharing and inclusive decision-making
- Open to feedback and professional development
- Capable of “managing up” to ensure deadlines are met
- Integrity and honesty
- Respect for confidential information and high level of discretion
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of social media at corporate level
Interested candidates to forward a mandatory one-page motivation letter and an updated CV to the CCI Human Resources Manager, email@example.com.
The closing date of this internal advertisement is (COB – Wednesday, 6th February 2019, 4pm)