Barloworld Logistics Africa recruitment February 2019
The core purpose of the position below is to provide legal support and services, manage legal risk and protect the interest of Barloworld Logistics Africa Group.
Job Title: Legal Advisor II (Employment Law)
Reference #: LAII
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Market Related
Location: Centurion, Gauteng, South Africa
Job Functions: Legal
Industries: Logistics, Supply Chain, Transportation
1. Provide legal support and oversee labour legal matters which includes labour litigations.
2. Manage all bargaining council and CCMA conciliations, arbitrations and attend labour court and perform all ancillary and necessary tasks relating to labour disputes which includes briefing attorneys and counsel to finalize such labour matters.
3. Conduct internal forensic investigations and compliance audits relating to employee relations.
4. Conduct due diligence in respect of labour aspects in any commercial transactions.
5. Draft, review and negotiate relevant contractual documentation with third party suppliers as it relates to employee relations. Draft and negotiate employment contracts.
6. Conduct training across Barloworld Logistics Africa Group on labour legislations and regulations.
7. Review, develop and implement various governance policies and procedures within the Barloworld Logistics Africa Group, in so far as it pertains to employment law practices and standards.
8. Develop employment relations policies and procedures.
- BA/LLB or equivalent legal qualification
- Admitted attorney/advocate
- Practicing Attorney
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a highly volatile, labour intensive unionized environment.
- Experience in application of labour legislation.
- Registered as a non-practicing attorney with the Law society
- Valid passport
- South African Labor Legislation
- Labor relations processes
- Specialist knowledge in networking and conflict resolution
- Bargaining council and main agreement
- Thorough understanding of remuneration and benefits systems, policies and procedures
- In-depth understanding of employment and governing legislation specifically related to the Transport and Logistics industry
- Financial and commercial acumen
- Strong employment relations knowledge
- Highly developed persuasive and influencing skills
- Strong ability to reason with written information
- Listening skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills to negotiate, internal resilience, including sensitivity to diversity, discretionary skills to negotiate and
- Highly developed contract negotiation skills
- Note taking skills
- Strong ability to interpret numerical information? Well-developed cognitive ability for abstract thinking, analytical, diagnostic skills and solve relatively complex problems
- Memorization and recollection of information
- Ability to multi-task
- Computer, technology and systems
Closing Date: 01/02/2019