Adonis Musati Project Career Opportunity February 2019
Recruitment opportunity : Adonis Musati Project Job vacancy
Job opening Country: Social Auxiliary Worker career vacancy Feb 2019
The Adonis Musati Project (AMP) was formed in 2007 to assist the vulnerable asylum seeker and refugee populations in Cape Town. Since then it has developed several successful community-based psycho-social interventions to assist the most marginalised, including survivors of sexual and gender-based violence and youth at risk.
Job Title: Social Auxiliary Worker
Job Location: Western Cape
Start date: 18 February 2019 or soonest thereafter
This is a fixed term contract
The purpose of the position is to provide a supportive role for the Social Worker and to ensure that vulnerable individuals and their families benefit from appropriate intervention and services.
- The Social Auxiliary Worker will be responsible for the screening and intake of new clients
- Facilitate the information sessions for new clients
- Recordkeeping and performing administrative tasks
- Perform ad-hoc functions and reception duties when required
- A recognised Social Auxiliary Work Certificate and proof of current registration with the South Africa Council for Social Service Professions (SACSSP) for 2018/2019
- Experience and ability to working in an inter-disciplinary team
- Computer literacy, Microsoft Office, Excel and administrative skills
- Maturity and comfortable working with refugees and asylum seekers
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Fluency in English
- A valid unendorsed South African driver’s license
To apply, submit your CV with the names and contact details of two recent referees to email@example.com
Application Deadline: 9th Feb, 2019
If you have not received a response by 15 February, consider your application unsuccessful.