New World Foundation Job Opportunity in South Africa Feb 2019
New World Foundation (NWF) is a non-government organisation (NGO) founded in 1980 and works in Lavender Hill and the surrounding communities of Vrygrond and Capricorn. Born during the dark days of apartheid, the organisation still strives to be an activist and learning organisation. The organisation provides services to children and youth (through educare and aftercare programmes) as well as the broader community. Through mobilisation and training of community members and networking with community structures and partner organisations, NWF facilitates change that aims to build a new world of hope justice and peace (by focusing on improving living conditions of community members, gender issues, mediation and violence prevention as well as providing access to educational opportunities and work skills development).
Job Title: Director
Job Location: Cape Town
Salary: A competitive salary in line with NGO standards and benefits is offered
Start date: 2 May 2019
- Lead the continual strategic thinking, visioning and direction of NWF
- Understanding of the socio-economic and community development context
- Ensure transparent financial management and accountability
- Build strategic partnerships and networks
- Have a close and interactive relationship with the Board on developmental issues and be accountable to the Board
- In terms of managing the organisation, to ensure:
- Effective and efficient organisational development and management
- Effective governance and administration systems and procedures
- Oversight and coordination of monitoring, planning and evaluation processes of NWF in line with the organisational Monitoring and Evaluation framework and reporting system
- The overall training and professional development of staff and community structures
- Senior staff are well-trained in overseeing training in programmes
- Functional staff relationships based on mutual respect
- Internal leadership across the organisation
- Minimum of five years senior organisational leadership and management experience in a development organisation in the NGO sector
- Postgraduate qualification from a recognised Higher Education Institution in a related field
- A sound understanding of community development and training
- Strong organisational and programme management skills
- Fundraising experience and strong financial skills especially with local and international funding / donor organisations
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation. A formal qualification in Monitoring and Evaluation would be an advantage
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment and respect the values of the organisation
- Ability to work under pressure, set priorities and adhere to timeframes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with good interpersonal skills at all levels
- An understanding of or experience with managing statutory social work would be an advantage
- Own transport and valid unendorsed Code 8 driver’s license
- South African citizenship or permanent residence status
To apply, submit your applications to Louisa Kallis firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “Application for NWF Director” in the subject line.
All applications must include:
- A one to two pages of a letter motivating suitability for this position, as well as a brief description of candidate’s developmental approach/philosophy and possible contribution to NWF
- Current salary details and job description
- A detailed CV with three (3) recent contactable references
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and must be available for an interview that will take place between 11 and 15 March 2019.
If you have not heard from NWF a month after the closing date of this advert, consider your application as unsuccessful.
Application Deadline: 28th Feb, 2019