The Health Systems Trust (HST) Recruitment for Grants and Compliance Officer in Durban Feb 2019
The Health Systems Trust (HST) is a nonprofit organisation that strives to build comprehensive, effective, efficient and equitable national health systems by supporting the implementation of functional health districts in South Africa and in the southern African region.
Job Title: Grants and Compliance Officer
Job Location: Durban
A salary package commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications and in line with HST’s Job Grading System will be offered.
This is a fixed-term contract position, renewable based on funding.
- Prepare, negotiate and manage the contract process between HST and sub- recipients / contractors
- Manage grant acceptance processes and review contracts, agreements and/or notices of awards
- Interpret all contracts and agreements to ensure compliance with HST’s policies and within
- legal and statutory requirements
- Track and manage contracts and payments to sub-recipients/contractors and their budget pipelines
- Prepare monthly summary reports tracking monthly revenue and expenditure on all
- grants and contracts
- Perform risk-based internal audits in accordance with specified internal audit standards
- Assess the adequacy and effectiveness of current internal controls, risk management and governance processes and make practical recommendations to improve the control environment of the business
- Support the design and maintenance of a strong internal control system
- Maintain a log of compliance matters reported and ensure appropriate escalation and response to ensure resolution
- Work as part of a Compliance Team supporting the Grants and Contracts office to assist with implementing an effective sub-recipient monitoring function and provide technical assistance to sub-recipients, HST staff and management
- Submission of monthly and specific compliance reports for review to management
- Conduct compliance-related site visits to project offices and sub-recipients in accordance with funder regulations
- Willingness to travel on assignments as needed
- Ability to work with a team or independently
- Carry out any other duties as assigned by the Grants and Compliance Manager
- An appropriate Finance degree/diploma or other related field
- A minimum of three years’ experience within the grants field
- Computer skills including spreadsheets, database, accounting package and Internet / email
- Experience in managing grants across a range of stakeholders and in supporting
- grantees to ensure compliance with grant processes
- Previous experience working with grants from international donors would be an added advantage
- Focus on deadlines and attention to detail
To apply, submit a detailed CV and cover letter stating the position applied for, together with names and contact details (telephone numbers and email addresses) of at least three contactable referees, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisted candidates will be requested to submit certified copies of all qualifications and identity documents.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Email users are requested to set the delivery option of their message on both ‘Return Receipt’ and ‘Confirm Delivery’.
Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to reference and credential checks.
If you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement, accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
HST reserves the right to not fill this position.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Health systems Trust Promotes Employment Equity.
Application Deadline: 25th Feb, 2019