Jembi Health Systems Project / Logistics Assistant Job In Cape Town Feb 2019
Recruitment opportunity : Project / Logistics Assistant Job vacancy
Job opening Cape Town : Jembi Health Systems career vacancy
Jembi Health Systems is an African non-governmental organisation focusing on the advancing of the area of Global Health through the correct use and implementation of Health Systems and Information.
Job Title: Project / Logistics Assistant
Job Location: Cape Town
- Organise meetings and conference calls, including scheduling, sending out meeting invitations, collating relevant documentation and sending out agendas
- Record and distribute meeting minutes
- Coordinate travel requests from project team members, including travel concurrences where necessary, per diem requests, flight bookings, accommodations and all other travel logistic matters in line with the Company’s travel process
- Assists in gathering information for status, progress and narrative reports
- Assists in gathering information for communications (including press and social media)
- Update project and technical Wiki pages
- Assist with record keeping and document management for the South African project team
- Grant administration including donor reporting and assistance with resource mobilisation applications
- Two years’ experience of project administration / personal assistant / executive secretary, including taking meeting minutes and collating documents and scheduling calls and meetings
- Experience in communications (including social media and blogging)
- Experience in coordinating travel logistics
- A minimum of 30 wpm typing level, taking minutes and lifting out action points
- Working knowledge of ICT4D and/or eHealth
- Experience in Travel or related field, Project administration qualification
- Knowledge of software development
- Experience of working with USG funding
- Experience of working with teams based in multiple locations
- Experience of working in customer support
- Fluency in an additional language French, Portuguese, Afrikaans, Swahili…
- Demonstrable ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Computer skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Written and spoken English
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Commitment to the aims and values of Jembi Health Systems
- Organisational skills
To apply, submit your application to email@example.com and include a comprehensive CV, covering letter and motivation including how the candidate matches the person specification above. Use the recruitment reference number when applying for the post: JEM/PATHMG-08
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive.
Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organisation.
All new Jembi positions are linked to specific project funding and include a three-month probationary period.
There is no guarantee the advertised position will be recruited as it will depend on funding being place and the candidates applying meeting the criteria required to fill this position.
Preference will be given to SA citizens and permanent residents.
Applicants with work visas must possess visas which will permit them to work for Jembi Health Systems.
In evaluating prospective applicants and making the final selection, consideration will be given to Jembi Health Systems Employment Equity objective.
Jembi Health Systems is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regards to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programmes, or activities.
Application Deadline: 25th Feb, 2019