University Research Co. Career Opportunity in South Africa Feb 2019
Current open jobs : University Research Co. employment vacancy
Recruitment opportunity : University Research Co. Job vacancy
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/).
Job Title: Tax Administrator
Location: South Africa
Project Name: USAID TB South Africa Project
Type: Temporary (6 months)
Salary: Commensurate with required experience and qualifications
Reports to: Finance & Operations Director
Duration: 6 Months
The USAID Tuberculosis South Africa Project is five-year contract which builds upon interventions and achievements from URC’s current USAID TB CARE II South Africa and the prior TB Program South Africa. TB CARE II activities supported the South Africa National Department of Health’s (NDOH) TB prevention and control efforts, working closely with national and provincial partners to close identified gap areas and further develop sustainable systems that can carry forward long-term improvements in TB and drug-resistant (DR) TB diagnosis, care, and treatment services.
Tuberculosis South Africa Project will help the government of South Africa further reduce TB infections, with the ultimate goal of ending TB once and for all. To reach this goal, Tuberculosis South Africa Project will continue to improve the long-term sustainability of effective TB response systems and improve TB care and treatment for vulnerable populations.
Roles and Responsibilities
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- General administration of e-filing;
- Retrieve old invoices from the database for filing purposes;
- Uploading of required documents, as may be required by SARS;
- Ability to identify issues and resolve gaps or variances.
- Develop a tracking tool for recording and reporting VAT bi-monthly for all the projects;
- Ensure that all SARS queries are addressed;
- Ensure that financial records are properly updated.
- Update SARS records with recent transactions and/or any applicable changes;
- General SARS administration duties, as may be needed
Minimum Education Experience and Skills Requirements
- A degree, Diploma or Certificate in Finance / Accounting or relevant qualification is preferable;
- Minimum 2 years’ work experience in Finance or tax administration;
- VAT Reconciliation;
- Knowledge and understanding of South African Legislation relevant to SARS;
- A professional individual who is able to deal with highly confidential matters;
- Must be a very well organised and deadline driven individual;
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to perform under extreme pressure and take initiative in resolving problems;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint;
- Must be a South African national with fluency in English and in at least one local indigenous South African language.
Suitable and interested candidates should send CV/Résumé, Cover Letter quoting “TEMP TAX ADMINISTRATOR” on the email subject line and completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet (link: https://www.usaid.gov/sites/default/files/AID1420-17.doc) to TBSAP@urc-chs.com.
Closing date: 27 February 2019 @ 17h00.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 3 months, kindly accept that your application was unsuccessful.
URC is an E-Verify Employer.
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We value and seek diversity in our workforce