TB HIV Care Recruitment in South Africa Feb 2019
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced and competent Human Resources Executive. TB HIV Care is a national, non-profit organisation, supported through local grants and international funding. Our vision it is to be a leader in empowering communities to be healthy and free of TB and HIV.
Job Title: Human Resources Executive
Location: Cape Town
Ref no: HRE/CPT-HR0219
- The HR Executive is responsible for formulating, implementing and maintaining the human resource strategy.
- The incumbent will drive key human resource initiatives across a national footprint (seven provinces) operating within the health care sector.
- The role includes responsibility for managing a team of 17 staff (based at Head Office and other satellite offices) and providing a full spectrum, professional, human resources service aimed at building organisational effectiveness and a high-performance culture.
Key Performance Areas:
- Leadership and HR Strategy: Provide thought leadership and direction to ExCo regarding the HR strategic objectives in support of the organisations goals including growing the organisational culture. Develop, implement and cascade the HR strategy and plan.
- Management Support: Provide leadership support and coaching to the management team to develop high performing teams and improve employee engagement.
- Management of HR Team: Provide strategic leadership, management and advice in terms of operationalising HR goals and objectives. Oversee financial budgeting, management and reporting for the HR Department.
- Performance Management: Develop, implement and maintain a performance management system to ensure the effective management of all people within the organisation including up-to-date job descriptions and regular performance reviews.
- Talent Management: Develop and implement a talent management strategy, including a strategically aligned workforce, talent acquisition, retention and succession planning of top talent within the organisation.
- Employment Equity: Develop and implement the employment equity plan aligned to the organisation’s strategic objectives.
- Remuneration and Reward Management: Review, update and implement a competitive employee value proposition, including a supporting remuneration strategy, across employee life cycles and in line with the culture and strategic objectives.
- Skills Development Strategy: Develop and oversee the implementation of a training and development strategy and plan in line with organisational requirements and legislative imperatives.
- HR Information Management: Implement systems and controls to ensure human capital data integrity and management reporting.
- Legislative Compliance and Continuous Improvement: Ensure compliance with all relevant labour legislation including Employment Equity Act, BCEA, LRA & OHS Act. Implement effective HR processes, policies and procedures to ensure operational excellence and continuous improvement.
- Employee Wellness: Implement an Employee Wellness Framework for the organisation.
- A post-graduate degree in Human Resource Management or Industrial Psychology
- Minimum 10 years’ human resource experience, as a senior HR Manager or as an HR Executive within a national corporate environment
- Ability to travel nationally
- Valid driver’s license
- Clear criminal record
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Previous experience in the healthcare and/or national NGO sector will be advantageous
- Strong relationship skills to be able to gain a trusted advisor status to the management team
- Well-developed interpersonal, conflict management, negotiating, influencing and consulting skills along with the ability to handle situations professionally with calmness, sensitivity, diplomacy and tact
- Proven experience in managing, leading, developing and mentoring a HR team
- Sound understanding and insight into the development of an effective organisational culture
- Excellent organisational, analytical thinking and decision-making skills with the ability to prioritise and delegate
- Ability to think out of the box, take initiative and develop logical solutions to a wide range of highly complex problems
- Sound knowledge of current South African labour law as well as hands-on industrial relations experience
- Knowledge and experience of current HR best practices including talent management and remuneration and reward strategies
- Excellent administration skills and attention to detail
- Superior written, presentation and oral communications skills
- Resilient and able to cope well in a pressurised environment
- Good business acumen
- High level of human resource information system (HRIS) knowledge and experience
- Well-developed proficiency in MS Office
To apply: Apply online at www.tbhivcare.org
Closing date: 04 March 2019
Only online applications will be accepted.
Preference will be given to suitably qualified applicants who are members of the designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and targets of TB HIV Care. We encourage people with disabilities to apply.
In the event that you do not hear from us after a month of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
TB HIV Care reserves the right to amend and/or withdraw adverts at any time without notification.