Youth Capital Content and Communications Manager Job March 2019
South Africa is currently wasting the potential of a generation of young people. It’s time to shift gears. Youth Capital aims to become a dynamic national campaign; driving solutions for youth employment by fusing together young people’s perspectives and rich evidence into a powerful agenda of action. While the campaign is grounded in an engaged young constituency, it must land with a diverse set of stakeholders to gain traction.
Job Title: Content and Communications Manager.
Job Location: Cape Town
The ideal candidate must be able to conceptualise and execute a clear communications strategy driving campaign objectives through diverse platforms such as digital, print and audio-visual media. Given the nature of the work, the Communications and Content Manager must be comfortable working with technical and data-heavy information, and have the necessary skills to transform it into accessible and interesting communications products for a variety of channels and audiences.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Designing and managing the overall communications strategy for Youth Capital – including the strategy to communicate with the young constituency as well as stakeholders in the policy, public, and civil society sectors.
- Designing the overall strategy on how to engage with and build a network of young people.
- Working with the Project Lead and Network Mobiliser to develop products, including:
- Concept notes, policy and legislative commentary, an annual State of Youth publication and newsletters;
- Working with the Project Lead and Network Mobiliser to create content for public and social media channels, including:
- Op-eds, blog posts and articles; and
- Tweets, Facebook posts, Instagram posts;
- A relevant degree or diploma – such as one in journalism, political studies or anthropology.
- Outstanding English writing and verbal communication skills; as well as copy editing, proofreading and copywriting skills.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in a Communications Strategy Management and/or Content Creation role.
- Excellent time management skills and an ability to self-manage and work towards deadlines.
- An extremely good eye for detail.
- Proven experience as a strong writer and the ability to work across media platforms.
- Skills in interpreting data, framing and presenting arguments.
- The ability to apply research insights and knowledge of behaviour change and communication theory to a practical implementation plan.
- Passion for advocacy work in the social sector.
- An affinity for youth development.
- Knowledge of the South African media landscape would be an advantage.
Interested candidates should send a short letter of motivation, CV, and the names and contact details of three references by email to email@example.com by 18 March 2019.
Application Deadline: Monday, 18 March, 2019
This is a 12 month, fixed-term contract. Salary is negotiable based on skills and experience. The position is based in Cape Town. The position will require domestic travel.