LITTLE EDEN Society Job Vacancy for Financial Manager in Johannesburg March 2019
LITTLE EDEN Society, is a registered non-profit organisation providing life-long care to 300 children and adults with profound intellectual disability in two custom designed residential facilities – Domitilla and Danny Hyams Home in Edenvale, and Elvira Rota Village in Bapsfontein.
Job Title: Financial Manager
Job Location: Johannesburg
Responsibilities: To take care of the full financial function which includes inter alia:-
- Managing the financial accounting and administration component of LITTLE EDEN.
- Preparing budgets and forecasts and weekly cash flows.
- Preparing the year-end audit file, ensuring annual financial statements are produced and dealing with the external auditor.
- Conducting internal audits.
- Preparing monthly management reports.
- Reconciling and maintaining the fixed asset register.
- Updating monthly debit orders and managing the LITTLE EDEN bank accounts.
- Managing the Department of Health subsidy account and reconciliation.
- Attending to insurance related matters.
- Processing salaries on VIP and reconciling the monthly payroll.
- Submission of stats such as UIF submissions, tax clearance, WCA submissions, Income Tax returns, submission of VAT 201 and the reconciliation and submission of EMP501.
- Managing the HR Department
This is a crucial role within the Society and directly reports to the CEO and forms part of the Management team. The Financial Manager must be able to demonstrate:
- Minimum 5 years experience in a Financial Manager role with sound employee management experience.
- A bachelor’s degree in BComm Accounting / Bachelor of Accounting.
- Proficiency in the use of Pastel Evolution, VIP, Microsoft Office and advanced Excel skills.
- Superior analytical skills, business ethics, professionalism and integrity with an in-depth understanding of business principles and practices.
- Must be well organised, able to work under pressure, adapt to change and multi-task.
- Superior attention to detail with excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills is required.
- Candidates must have their own reliable transport and a valid driver’s licence and the appropriate qualifications and experience.
- Must have no criminal record.
Kindly forward your CV with at least two references to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on 25 March 2019. Full information and job description will be provided on request. LITTLE EDEN reserves the right to close the vacancy before 27 March 2019.
In terms of Employment Equity requirements, this position is only open to South African citizens.
Application Deadline: Friday, 29 March, 2019