URC Job Opportunity in South Africa March 2019
Recruitment vacancy : URC District Coordinator job vacancy
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/).
The USAID Tuberculosis South Africa Project is five-year contract which builds upon interventions and achievements from URC’s current USAID TB CARE II South Africa and the prior TB Program South Africa. TB CARE II activities supported the South Africa National Department of Health’s (NDOH) TB prevention and control efforts, working closely with national and provincial partners to close identified gap areas and further develop sustainable systems that can carry forward long-term improvements in TB and drug-resistant (DR) TB diagnosis, care, and treatment services.
Tuberculosis South Africa Project will help the government of South Africa further reduce TB infections, with the ultimate goal of ending TB once and for all. To reach this goal, Tuberculosis South Africa Project will continue to improve the long-term sustainability of effective TB response systems and improve TB care and treatment for vulnerable populations.
Position Title: District Coordinator: West Coast
Location: Western Cape: West Coast
Project Name: USAID TB South Africa Project
Type: Regular/Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with required experience and qualifications
Reports to: Provincial Manager
Roles and Responsibilities
The district coordinator will be responsible for the overall TB support activities for the project in the supported district. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist District Health Management Teams in the development of clinical standards and procedures for TB health service;
- Support the integration of TB, DR TB, HIV and NCDs aligned to PHC reengineering, ICSM and ideal clinic strategies;
- Assist facility and sub-district level health teams in development communication and monitoring strategies to improve the quality and compliance with the implementation of the End TB strategy;
- Conduct and facilitate training related to TB, DR TB, HIV and NCDs management, both clinical and managerial with the intension of improving TB treatment outcomes;
- Work with District health teams and or Hast Committees in the design, implementation and monitoring and evaluation of the district implementation plans.
Coordination and Collaboration
- Work closely with the facility /District /Provincial Coordinators and other district health coordinators;
- Work closely with the Department of Health and facility personnel and other stakeholders e.g. laboratory services, pharmacy to develop and implement strategies to strengthen TB, DR TB, HIV and NCDs program management;
- Work with DOH facility staff in scaling up successful interventions;
- Collaborate with NGOs/CBOs to facilitate continuity of care and improve TB, DR TB, HIV and NCD treatment outcomes;
- Strengthen Public private partnership (including mines, private practitioners, THP etc.) within the district.
- Provide monthly and quarterly status reports to the provincial manager;
- Provide activity-based reports a per the project guidelines to the provincial manager.
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Health science (medicine or nursing) or equivalent qualifications;
- 5 years’ experience in TB program management, TB case management, HIV/AIDS;
- Experience in training/coaching skills, team building;
- Ability to work in teams;
- Computer literacy is a minimum requirement;
- Able to travel locally.
Suitable and interested candidates should send CV/Résumé, Cover Letter “quoting the position name on the email subject line”and completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet (link: https://www.usaid.gov/sites/default/files/AID1420-17.doc) to TBSAP@urc-chs.com.
Application Deadline: Friday, 29 March, 2019