Design Intern – Creative Studio Job opening in Cape Town March 2019
|Remuneration:||R7000 – R10000 per month|
We are a technology company that builds tools and services to help small businesses get paid, run their business better, and grow. We believe that by opening up more possibilities for entrepreneurs to be successful, we can help create more jobs, enable people to thrive and help to drive our economy forward.
Who we are looking for
If your creative juices flow with the same boldness as a unicorn’s tail and you’re craving to have your design skills put to good use to assist a young company change an industry, then we want you.
We’re growing our marketing and design teams to support the venture and help to delight our customers during our current (nuts) growth phase.
We need you to bring your outstanding conceptual skills, impeccable execution of artwork and the ability to see a project through from brief to completion to join our team to produce exciting, innovative and on brand artwork for both print and digital formats. Two paid internships for a 4 month period – one in brand marketing, one in creative studio (our in house design studio) are available.
What you will be doing on a day-to-day basis
Create and maintain marketing and brand assets, and ensure consistency of brand and brand guidelines across all design elements.
- Collaborate with marketing team and support their needs with best-in-class creative solutions.
- Good knowledge of layout, both print and digital graphic design principles.
- Develop a consistently high level of creative solutions across the full spectrum of marketing and media channels, including ATL, BTL, print, digital, social media and internal communications.
- Prepare material for events including event branding, invitations, landing pages and presentations.
- Creating animations for a range of brand and product videos and presentation.
- Scope and create templates for content team to use on various platforms, such as social, blog, email, and other channels.
- Facilitate other design needs, such as promotional collateral, branded swag, document templates, and presentations.
- Initiate and invest time in regular research sessions to continuously improve and develop all marketing material in line with current trends.
What you need to be flippen good at
- Exceptional listening skills.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Comfortable interacting with various internal teams and external service providers.
- Ability to translate complicated messages into simple expressions through imagery and graphics.
- Experience in all fields of design including print, digital and web.
- Excellent knowledge of the full Adobe suite.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines.
- Able to get to the Cape Town CBD on a daily basis for the full 4 month period of the internship
What is in it for you
- Get to experience what it is like inside a fast growing South African startup that is changing the world
- Enjoy flexible working hours, a fun environment, super smart colleagues and purpose-driven and challenging work
- You will be right in the heart of the marketing team and involved in multiple projects from Day 1
- Daily snacks, a chance to get involved with free Yoga every week, and direct contact with our amazing base of customers
Please note: In order to apply for this and other internships, please click on the apply button which will take you to the interns’ platform – www.trustedinterns.co.za. Register your profile, and once approved, you can go ahead and apply.