TAC Available Job Opportunity for Governance Secretariat April 2019
TAC engages in monitoring, advocacy and campaigning within the health system to ensure that every person with HIV, TB co-infection and STI’s has access to quality comprehensive prevention, treatment, care and support services to live a healthy life.
Job Title: Governance Secretariat
Job Location: South Africa
The effective and efficient management of the activities of the office of the GS, Executive Management and other Governance structures
1. Operational/organisational/Secretarial support
- Ensure that all regular governance/management functions are managed, and monitored: Board, National Council, Secretariat etc.
- Manage all Project activities and national events of the office of the GS – Planning, execution and completions while maintaining alignment with the strategy, financial procedures and organisational objectives e.g. AGM, training, conferences etc.
2. Governance support and Compliance
- Professionally capture and document the deliberations of all major forms of governance: Board, National Council, Secretariat, Executive and Staff Meetings.
- Maintain all statutory requirements for all governance activities above.
3. Support TAC partner management
- Oversee and effectively communicate with provinces, national and international partners and donors
4. Financial Management
- Support the GS office by liaising with the Financial Manager, National Organiser and National Manager to ensure that the GS office budgets are formulated and adhered.
- Support the GS with monthly financial reconciliation to finance after travels.
5. Assets management and inventory control
- Liaise with the National Manager to manage GS office assets and office inventory.
- Project Management or any other Management / Secretarial qualification.
- 5 years’ experience administration/organisational support.
- Excellent proficiency in English – and one local language is a requirement.
- Experience in quality minute taking from Management to Board level.
- The ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters effectively.
- Vast knowledge of HIV/AIDS and TB and other local health issues.
- Experience in working in an NGO environment.
- Applied knowledge of computer software (MS Word, Excel, and outlook).
- Experience in report writing, excellent communication and research skills.
- Excellent record keeping and filing skills.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills.
- Excellent planning and organizing skills.
- Knowledge of and experience with video conferencing tools.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Time management – the ability to maintain effectiveness and meet deadlines whilst working under pressure.
- Willingness to work outside working hours.
- Willingness to travel when required.
Submit your cover letter, detailed CV, copy of a valid driver’s license, matric certificate, qualifications and 3 contactable references by e-mail to email@example.com
Application Deadline: 23rd April 2019