Triangle Project Job Opportunity in Cape Town May 2019
Triangle Project is a nonprofit human rights organisation offering professional services to ensure the full realisation of constitutional and human rights for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) persons, their partners and families.
Job Title: Research, Advocacy and Policy Manager
Job Location: Cape Town
The RAP Programme aims to generate an accessible body of knowledge on LGBTI issues through community-based research that informs activism and advocacy. The Programme also promotes the rights of LGBTI people by engaging in advocacy at local and national level aimed at transforming legislation, policies and practices of various state institutions and civil society organisations.
The RAP manager is part of a small and dynamic management team and must provide strategic direction for the programme and the organisation. The position is a combination of management and implementation that will see the successful candidate working in a range of challenging settings.
- Educated to degree level
- Experience in qualitative research methodologies
- Minimum of three years’ experience in working at an advocacy level around human rights and particularly around sexual and gender rights
- Clear understanding of gender, sexual diversity, HIV and AIDS and LGBTIQ issues
- Ability to engage with, and influence, diverse stakeholders including government departments
- Proven ability to work well under pressure, within a small team environment and meet deadlines
- Demonstrate understanding of South African legal framework relating to LGBTIQ issues
- Communication skills in English
- Writing skills in English
- Post graduate degree
- Experience in quantitative methodologies
- Writing and communication skills in IsiXhosa or Afrikaans
Full job advert and other details about how to apply, click here
Application Deadline: Monday, 3 June, 2019