Solidarity Center (AFL-CIO) Employment Opportunity August 2019
Solidarity Center (AFL-CIO) is a U.S. based and funded, international non-governmental organization, having more than 20 field offices worldwide, will be engaged in a program with its partners to eliminate Gender Based Violence and Harassment (GBVH) in a key economic sector in Lesotho.
Job Title: Finance Officer
Location: Maseru, Lesotho
Duration: This is a one-year renewable contract position.
Summary of Position:
The Finance Officer is responsible for all aspects of accounting and reporting of the Field Office. S/he serves as the main resource to the Lead Assessor in monitoring and controlling budget vs project(s) spending and ensuring the office’s compliance with policy and procedures of the organization. S/he keeps the Director of Finance in the Head Quarter informed of any financial matters of high amount or significance. S/he also assists the Lead Assessor in ensuring compliance with all the Kingdom of Lesotho government laws and regulations. S/he will ensure that the various accounting and reporting functions are carried out in a timely and accurate manner. S/he will be the primary contact between the Field Office and the Head Quarter Finance Department regarding accounting matters.
The Finance Officer is an integral member of the team that ensures the office maintains a strong internal control. The position requires significant liaison with all the organizational programs.
- Preparation of accurate accounting reports;
- Budget tracking, monthly, quarterly reports;
- Data capturing in QuickBooks;
- Process payments timeously and accurately;
- Donor agreements compliance;
- Support programmes with budgets for proposals / projects;
- Adherence to internal control system;
- General ledger month-end procedures;
- Accounts reconciliations;
- Maintain the asset register;
- Assisting with the External Audit process; and
- Maintain a proper filing system at all times;
- Assisting with operations;
- Assisting with personnel recruitment and management as needed.
- A bachelor’s degree or diploma in accounting or finance;
- Minimum of three years’ experience in accounting in the NGO sector;
- Experience in QuickBooks accounting software, Microsoft Office Suite and advanced knowledge of spreadsheet;
- Ability to administer and execute financial processes and transactions;
- Good administrative and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to train staff in financial systems;
- Experience in payroll administration; and
- Ability to monitor and control of banking activities.
- Willing to travel extensively.
Remuneration: A negotiable package commensurate with the responsibilities of the position and the abilities and experience of the candidate will be offered.
Please send a cover letter, detailed CV, three references and a motivation letter speaking directly to the job requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information or questions, please call Zeru at +2711 403 3246.
Application Deadline: Friday, 9 August, 2019