The Mpumalanga Association Senior Manager Job Opportunity
The Mpumalanga Association of Persons with Disabilities is a Provincial NPO whose objective is a diverse South African Society built on equality, equity, inclusion, and free from discrimination, in which persons with disabilities are recognized as an integral part of society.
We serve as a pro-active forum for the advancement of persons with disabilities so as to enable them to attain their maximum level of independence and integration into the community, and to prevent the occurrence of disablement.
Job Title: Senior Manager – Professional Services
Location: Silver Oak street, Mbombela
The purpose of this position will be to co-ordinate the Social Work Services and other Professional services rendered by the Association. This will not be limited to Social Workers, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Speech Therapists and other therapies and Professionals like Audiologists and Orthotics working in the disability sector. The incumbent will be expected to increase the client base and explore funding models in order to implement programmes for persons with disabilities throughout the province.
- Social worker services
- To ensure that a high quality social work service with regard to the care, support, protection and development of vulnerable individuals, groups, families and communities is rendered through the relevant programmes.
- Manage and capacitate employees engaged in these functions. This would include assisting the Supervisor with assessments that are problematic for supervisees. Assessments should be aimed at identifying conditions in individuals, groups, families and communities that requires interventions.
- Identify recommendations and interventions required to address the conditions and ensure the development and planning of programmes to render the recommended interventions effectively.
- Study, interpret, apply and give guidance on legislation and policies in the identified work fields to supervisees.
- Ensure that records of social work interventions, processes and outcomes are produced and maintained.
- Manage performance, conduct and discipline of supervisees.
- Ensure compliance to social work ethics and professional standards
- Ensure that social work is performed in compliance with applicable laws, internal and external policies and regulations
- Capacitate staff working outside the provincial office to identify and write funding proposals for programmes of persons with disabilities
- Therapeutic services
- Consultation of clients with disabilities in need of the services
- Compilation of materials that will educate the public on different physical disabilities, prevention and management thereof.
- Measurements of Clients in need of Assistive Devices, recommendation letters, etc
- Educating Caregivers taking care of children with disabilities
- Educating the public about Speech disability
- Educating the public about Hearing Loss
- Other administrative services
- Initiate and manage all the administrative functions required in the department and undertake the higher level administrative functions.
- Quality control of the work delivered by supervisees.
- Receive client complaints / referrals and resolve within specified time frames
- Manage the Human and other Resources allocated to deliver professional services. This includes notifying the Director if any posts become vacant
- Participate in interviewing candidates and orientate new staff to their work environment and expectations of the position
- Facilitate and oversee the maintenance of resources required to render services for each office including furniture, equipment and information technology supplies
- Identify and report resources required to deliver services as per organisational procedures including monthly requisitions for allowances, travel and stationary
- Monitor the use of all resources with the relevant registers and records e,g travel logbooks, to ensure that utilisation is in line with the organisations objectives.
- Produce monthly, quarterly and annual reports and present to Management
- B. Social Work (honours) and current Registration with SACSSP
- 15 years’ experience as qualified Social Worker, with minimum of 5 years on Senior Management level.
- A proven track record of successfully managing more than 15 Professional staff
- A minimum of 5 years ‘ experience in writing funding proposals for Social Programmes
- Sound Communication skills, with extensive written and verbal skills in English in order to produce Reports, handle grants and proposals.
- Strong planning and organizing skills
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships and enduring organizational support
- A team player who also works well independently
- Competent use of Microsoft Office
- Valid Drivers’ licence and proven ability to drive
Remuneration will be negotiated with the successful candidate, applicants who do not meet the requirements will not be considered. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate will be based at the provincial office in Nelspruit. Interested persons may submit their Applications to: The Director, 2 Silver Oak Street, Mbombela or Email: email@example.com fax number 086 540 8393.
Application Deadline: Monday, 30 September, 2019